Looking for an amazing Christmas morning breakfast? A treat for the annual Thanksgiving potluck? Or maybe simply something new to try for dessert tonight? Our 15 minute Baked Apple Cinnamon Roll Ups recipe is perfect for any of the above!
Requiring only a few basic ingredients and 15 minutes of your time, this recipe is easy to make at any time, even last minute!
Over 7,000 of our readers have pinned our Baked Apple Cinnamon Roll Ups and it has been one of our most popular recipes!
- 1 peeled apple
- 1 package of 8 crescent rolls
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ⅛ cup of sugar
- 8 x 8 or larger baking dish
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees.
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar together.
- Separate the crescent rolls and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture on top, spread it evenly, then flip them over.
- Roll a slice of apple in the cinnamon sugar mix then place at the larger end of the crescent roll and roll it up.
- Place the apple cinnamon roll up in the baking dish.
- Repeat with the remaining 7 apple slices and crescent rolls.
- Set the timer to 10 minutes and bake until slightly golden.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
My cinnamon and sugar measurements were merely estimates of what I tossed into a bowl.
Peeling the apple is optional to make the apple softer and easy to bite through.
If you would like to make your apple cinnamon roll ups a bit more moist, you can drizzle lemon lime soda over the top of them once they are in the pan. I tried this with 3 of my rolls in a separate baking pan. Drizzle soda over the rolls until the bottom of the pan is lightly covered. You will need to lower the temperature to 350 and let them bake an additional 3-5 minutes. Again, keep a close eye on them. These baked apple crescents will turn out a bit more like apple dumplings!
Other variations of this recipe could include a thin layer of peanut butter, cream cheese or caramel inside the crescent roll. If you are serving this as a dessert rather than breakfast, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream or cool whip on top!